What sorts of things do you wonder about?
There are definitely things that don’t interest me, but I’m curious about more things than not. Most particularly, I feel compelled to understand why people think/feel/do what they do. Thinking of questions is easy. Actually asking the questions makes me feel vulnerable about feeling ignorant, feeling too insignificant to deserve an answer to something that someone might consider personal, feeling like I can’t find the right words to ask what I really want to know.
That said, my curiosity is often stronger than any fear I may feel, so then I ask my questions anyway; but, amazingly, I do have a filter and I keep things to myself more often than some people might guess. Those thoughts usually end up on paper, stored away while I distract myself by musing why I’m so interested in the answers.
- What did you wish people understood about you without having to ask?
- Who knows you best in the world? What do they understand about you better than anyone else? What makes the way you interact so natural to you?
- Who do you know best in the world? What is it they know/do/understand that no one else does? Is there anything you wish they knew/did/understood better?
- How do the friends that you value most complement you?
- What about other people makes you feel the most uncomfortable?
- Is there a friendship from your past that you miss? What do you miss about it? Why is that friendship in the past?
- Are there any unique, must-have characteristics you look for in a friend?
- Is there a trait that you believe it’s important to have that you personally have to work hard to cultivate?
- Do you believe in regret?
- Which of your five senses do you believe you could live without?
- What have you learned that has changed your life?
- What do you struggle with that you wish came more easily to you?
- Do you think the work you do is an accurate reflection of who you are? Has it always been?
- Do you have any guilty pleasures? Do they truly make you feel guilty?
- How do you define/identify love?
- What was your most surprising/painful/amazing experience with love?
- Is there anything you wish you had told someone but didn’t/couldn’t?
- Do you resent or are particularly frustrated by any of the sacrifices you’ve had to make in life?
- What is the thing you’re most proud of having made/done?
- In what ways do you hold yourself back?
- How do you want to be remembered?
- If you could master one skill you don’t have right now, what would it be?
- What question don’t you want me to ask?
What are the questions that live in your mind? Are there questions you wonder about that you’re too scared to ask? What are some questions you’ve been asking yourself? Are there questions that people (or even you, yourself) balk at answering, or even hearing?
I hope that you all are doing well, and have something to look forward to!
Love you all,